Wednesday, December 16, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS


Aren't you just a little tired of having to weigh your words for fear of being politically incorrect, especially now? I sure am!!

So, as we celebrate this joyful season, let's not forget that it is "Christ's Birthday" and offer a Merry Christmas to all instead of the politically correct "happy holidays". Just think about it ---- there would be nothing to celebrate had Jesus not been born.

I've been blessed with many fun-filled Christmases, but one of my most memorable was Christmas 1988. I had moved to Germany in September, so it would be the first in 40 years that I would be gone from my family. I was lonely, but went to Italy with some friends. They had a live Nativity scene at the tiny village church where we went to midnight Mass. As we entered the church, the crib was empty; but after the service....just like the miracle of Christ's birth....the crib was filled with a newborn.

I wish you all a joyous, safe and healthy Christmas season with your family and friends.

No comments: