It could be tough finding an agreeable roommate because other than spouses, most of us haven't roomed with anyone since our college days. And let's face it.......as we age, we definitely become more set in our ways.
If you decide taking in a roommate is the panacea for your monthly financial shortfall, then it's critical to set guidelines upfront or you could end up in a situation like the "Odd Couple".
1. Defined quiet time, such as 10 pm to 7 am.
2. Night owl versus a morning person - how will you accommodate each other?
3. House temperature – hot or cold?
4. Kitchen privileges --Who cooks? Who pays for the food?
5. What does the rent cover?
6. Garage space?
7. Dinner and/or overnight guests?
But if you decide that a roommate is the way to go......then the website http://www.roommates.com/