Saturday, December 24, 2011

As If It were Yesterday!

Have you ever attended a highschool reunion?

Until this year, it seemed like something more pressing always popped up........so I missed my 10th, 25th & 40th reunions. Plus I left St. Louis more than 20 years ago and had lost contact with most of my friends from Hazelwood High School.

But when the 45th reunion was announced I decided I wanted to go and reconnect with some of my best friends from high school.

It was so much fun!! We had a casual get-together on Friday night at one of the local bars that played music from the '60s and we had a lot of fun dancing the night away.

Over 140 classmates attended the Saturday night function at the Bogey Hills Country Club. What I loved about seeing my old friends is that the conversation picked up with them just as if it were yesterday. We had a great time reminiscing about the good old days which were so aptly depicted in the TV show "HAPPY DAYS".

One of my best memories was skipping lunch and dancing every day in the Student Union. It also saddened me to learn of the death of many of my classmates who were just a young 63!

If you get the chance, go to your next reunion. It's a wonderful walk down memory lane!

No comments: