Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Descendants

I love movies and will go to see one just because of the leading man - in this case, George Clooney - in "THE DESCANDENTS" which was highly touted as one of the best movies of the year. I strongly disagree. It was so boring that I almost fell asleep within the first 20 minutes and would have left except I was there with a friend.

It definitely was not his best acting effort as some critics claimed, as I did not feel any sympathy for his character just because his wife was in a coma and had cheated on him. From the very beginning, he seemed selfish and very detached from and unaware of major issues within his own immediate family.

Also, he had pressure from his other family members over a potential land sale, but it's difficult to feel bad for a guy who's worth millions. The best thing I can say for the movie is that it was set in Hawaii.

For an opposing view - here's the NY Times review --
http://movies.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/movies/descendants-with-george-clooney-review.html?pagewanted=all

No comments: