Sunday, May 1, 2011

YANNI




I love the music created by YANNI as it truly feeds my soul. I was so fortunate to see him for the first time in 1995, but even more thrilling was meeting him. It's hard to believe, but I was actually rendered speechless!!

In 2009, when I heard he was appearing here in Denver, I immediately bought tickets. But I was very disappointed as he seemed to have 'sold out'. He didn't even look like YANNI as he had cut that gorgeous long black hair!! I didn't enjoy his concert as it had a very commercial edge to it and I was very offended by some of the sexually charged dance numbers.

So, when our local PBS channel recently announced that they were sponsoring a YANNI concert, I wasn't sure if it would be worth it. But, I'm so glad I went last Friday night as he once again delivered a mystical concert that left us begging for more. He played in the more intimate setting of the Wells Fargo Theater, which was a much better fit acoustically for his music.

Check out his website at http://www.yanni.com/ to find out if he's playing in your area! You won't be disappointed!!

No comments: