Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sunrise Tours

I'm so excited as today I started the Northwest Coast Tour with Sunrise Tours. We arrived this evening in Portland Oregon; state #41 for me on my quest to visit all 50.

We went directly to dinner at the German Restaurant der Rheinlander. And having lived in Germany I can vouch that it was truly authentic German food. We started the meal with a cheese fondue as our appetizer. The main course was served family style with generous portions of perfectly cooked chicken schnitzel, grilled bier sausage and pork loin accompanied by spatzle, sauerkraut and red cabbage. Apple strudel was the perfect ending to a delicious meal.  http://rheinlander.com/

It was a fun evening with lively entertainment provided by an accordian player and singing waitresses.

In Portland, we're staying at the contemporary Hyatt Place, well appointed with spacious rooms and a real plus is free WiFi.

Sunrise Tours specializes in trips for senior citizens and I like that the price of this trip includes 2 meals a day and all event fees. http://www.travelsunrise.com/

No comments: