Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Skiing


I had a fabulous day on the mountain -- no wind, sunny, in the 40s and wide-open groomed runs. It just doesn't get much better than that unless there were a few inches of fresh powder!
I'm so blessed - I'm spending 5 weeks skiing in Colorado, sharing a condo with my sister, Paula and her husband, Ken.
Today we skied Keystone, tomorrow Breckenridge; and next week, it'll be Vail and Beaver Creek too. Vail Resorts offers the best deal for skiers with their Colorado Pass - only $449.00 and it covers 5 resorts with just a few restrictions (http://www.coloradopass.com/).
My friend, Don, is enjoying his retirement because he's fulfilled his life-long dream of living on a ranch in Texas. His passion is riding and he gets to ride every day.
My wish for you is to find something you're passionate about because to truly succeed at retirement, you've got to find a sport or hobby that you love. How else will you fill all those spare hours since you're no longer working? If you're still looking for your passion, I strongly encourage you to talk to your friends about their interests, visit your local Senior Center or check out classes at your local Junior College.
So what are you passionate about? I'd love to hear from you about your favorite sport or hobby. Just add a comment below or send me an email to Retired.Rosie@gmail.com

No comments: