Friday, March 9, 2012

Creative Retirement

Now that you're retired, do you ever get bored?

Sometimes, I do......so I'm always looking for new approaches to enjoying my retirement life and recently ran across an interesting book "65 Things to Do When You Retire".

You know most of us spend more time planning our summer vacation than developing a game plan for our retirement. We think if we have the financial end of it covered then we'll be okay. BUT there are so many critical issues that we just don't address.....and I've found some retirees are reluctant to discuss them. It's like they are almost embarrassed to admit that they want more out of their retirement life.

I liked this book because it tackles some of those issues such as: redefining retirement, family matters and finding fulfillment in volunteering.

I prefer books like this because it's a compilation of articles by famous authors such as Jimmy Carter, Jane Fonda and Gloria Steinem.

My favorite chapter was on "A New Freedom to be Yourself". The articles in that section will inspire you to follow some of the dreams you may have had to put on the back burner during your career.

Check it out: https://www.rsvp.com/item.php?item=2262

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Very useful.Thanks