Monday, March 5, 2012

So where have I been?

Dear Readers
First, I'd like to thank you for continued support of my BLOG.
I've been negligent in writing this year as the first few months of 2012 were just too overwhelming for me.
I'm the oldest of 9 kids and within the first 4 weeks of 2012, 4 of us were operated on; one of my sisters was diagnosed with breast cancer and my 55 year-old brother Vic Lumetta, died of a massive heart attack.
He had been ill for a long time so it's a blessing that his suffering ended.
I had knee surgery just 2 days before his death so I was unable to attend his funeral which made it even more difficult to deal with as I feel that funerals and being able to share your grief with loved ones at least brings some closure.
Death should be a wake-up call for those of us left behind.......to make us realize just how short life is......which is especially true for us boomers who have lived more yesterdays than we have tomorrows to look forward to.

While I've been very blessed with many exciting adventures in my lifetime, his death makes me want to squeeze in even more travels and time with loved ones! I hope you too will take the time to visit with your loved ones and special friends while they're still here!

I've always loved the saying: TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE!! And today I was really surprised to find out that one of my favorite singers, John Denver wrote a song with that exact title. The words are so appropriate because he also talks about getting old.
When you have a few minutes, check out the video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSId3xAMsNg&feature=related

No comments: