Thursday, July 16, 2009

Country at it's BEST!

I'm a concert junkie!
Ever since my cousin Lydia took me to see Elvis when I was 8, I've been hooked. I love the energy of the crowd and seeing an artist perform my favorite songs in person!

Like most Boomers, I was raised on Rock'n'Roll, so it too me a long time to really like and appreciate Country Music. I just didn't care for that twangy sound and the songs were all so depressing, filled with nothing but heartbreak. Then, I heard Alan Jackson and got hooked on Country. Last night, I was so excited to get to see 2 of my favorite Country stars -- Keith Urban with SUGARLAND as the opening act.

SUGARLAND put on an entertaining set filled with many of their greatest hits. The dynamic duo well-deservingly won the 2009 CMT Duo of the year Award. Jennifer Nettles voice was best highighted in her haunting rendition of one of my favorites "STAY".

Keith Urban was a fireball of energy the minute he hit the stage! He performed an electrifying set including a variety of songs from all his CDs. It's obvious that he has a mutual love affair with his enthusiastic fans. Early in his set, he jumped off the stage, struggled to get thru the fans on the floor, then performed several songs at a small stage up at back of the Pepsi Center. The crowd went wild!

To check out Keith Urban's tour schedule: http://www.countrymusicontour.com/keith-urban-2009-concert-tour/

No comments: