Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Golfing in the Rockies

It’s important to stay active in retirement by finding a sport you love and doing activities that keep you physically fit. I love to spend time in the mountains – golfing and skiing. I drove up to Silverthorne, CO in Summit County on Tuesday morning. It was a perfect fall day – sunny, cool and the aspens painted a yellow and orange collage against a clear blue sky canvas. My friend Judy and I golfed at the Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks. The Raven is a challenging, picturesque 18-hole course set in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. The entire course is surrounded by the beauty of snowcapped peaks; rocky waterfalls and towering aspens. It’s a difficult course that’s quite challenging for a high handicapper like me. But I was thrilled that I made a par on hole #14. After driving over a wide ditch, I managed to miss both the water and sand surrounding the green. I sunk a long putt for par. It was the highlight of my round.

No comments: