Thursday, September 25, 2008

Texas Holdem


I live in an Active Adult Community near Denver. It's great because there are many opportunities here to play cards. We have several bridge and men's poker groups that meet weekly. Playing cards is a good activity for retirees as it helps to keep your mind sharp and enhances your social life. I've been playing poker and other card games for years. A group of us ladies recently began meeting once a month to play poker. It's a fun, relaxed group and we play several different types of poker games, like Texas Holdem, High Chicago and Omaha. Our community also holds monthly poker tournaments. Last month, 16 players spent a lively evening playing in a Texas Holdem Tournament. I was excited to make the final table and even more thrilled that my poker playing skills held out and I won the Tournament.
If you can't find a local card game, then try a free online game at http://www.pokerstars.com/ where you can sign up and use free play chips to participate in free online games. Another great website for games, crossword puzzles and tons of info on retirement issues is http://www.eons.com/.

1 comment:

Brian Sporrer said...

Rosie,

Great picture. I wish I was "retired" like you!

Brian