Saturday, September 27, 2008

The MOTOWN Sound

I've always loved going to concerts since the first time when I went to the Dick Clark Caravan of Stars. Any of you remember that? And most Baby Boomers remember the MOTOWN sound created by fabulous groups like the Shirelles, Supremes and the Miracles. On Thursday night a group of us were treated to a rocking, high energy concert given by 2 of the best - the Temptations and 4-Tops. We started our evening with dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, which has such an extensive menu that it's like reading a small cookbook. The concert was held at the Paramount Theater in downtown Denver. The Temps were my favorite, performing such hits as Ain't too Proud to Beg, Just my Imagination and their biggests hit - My Girl. They were so energizing that the crowd was immediately on it's feet and dancing in the aisle. While most of the audience were Baby Boomers, it was fun to see some of the younger generation there enjoying the MOTOWN Sound.

No comments: