Friday, October 31, 2008

HELP ME HELP YOU!


Why take the time to read my Blog?
Because it's for you!

I started this Blog for retirees because I’d like to share my story with you and help you make your retirement years the best chapter in the “Story of Your Life”. I don’t have kids, so I can’t begin to tell you what it feels like to be pregnant or have a baby; but having been retired now for 4 years I can tell you from my heart what retirement feels like for real (not what the professionals tell you it will feel like). I know firsthand what it feels like to go from being a successful Type A professional businesswoman for more than 37 years, to waking up one day and thinking “If you are what you do, and I do nothing, then am I nothing”?
What goes on my business card when I no longer have a title?

Most articles, and even company sponsored retirement workshops, concentrate primarily on the financial aspects of retirement, which while a critical element of your retirement plan, won't even begin to cover what you'll experience when making the transition. I want to share with you some of the things I went through – the emotional, mental, physical, financial, medical and family issues that you too might face; I want to write about “all things retirement “ because it’s definitely different than what you may have imagined.

While I might not have all the answers, I’d love to help you make a smooth, satisfying transition from a full time work life to retirement; to keep you informed about relevant retirement issues; to write about my adventures; and most importantly, to answer your questions and discuss your concerns about retirement life. I’d like to help you creatively plan for your retirement so you can look forward to a fun-filled, rewarding retirement life. I just started this Blog in September and need your help. If you’re reading my Blog and find it amusing, interesting, helpful, funny or just like me, then please email the Blog link to your family and friends who are either retired or looking forward to it. http://www.myretirementadventures.blogspot.com/

Please put your comments on the Blog or if you have a question, write to me at retired.rosie@gmail.com

P.S. My Retired Rosie card now says "Celebrate Life!" and my job title: Skier/Dancer/Golfer/Traveler

Thanks and Happy Halloween!!

No comments: