Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Yanni


Last night I went to see the"Yanni Voices" concert.

The fast-paced show began with my favorite Yanni song, "Reflections of Passion", which is a sensuous tune. It was the perfect song to start the show.

I first saw Yanni about 14 years ago, when he looked so mystical with the long hair and halo-like lighting behind him. That was a magical concert with just his music. I was thrilled to meet and talk with him at a private party after that concert!

While the "Voices" concert last night was a visual feast with the high-tech lighting, costumes and 4 attractive singers, I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous one. The singers were excellent, but most of the songs were in Spanish or Italian.

If you're a die-hard Yanni fan like me, then be prepared for a total departure from what you've seen before! You have to do a double-take because he looks nothing like he did when he toured in the '90s. Then, during a few of the numbers the costumes were too revealing and the dance movements with a female singer writhing on top of his piano were just too sexual for a Yanni concert.
Still, I'd recommend seeing it!

Yanni
is offering some $10 tickets for the remainder of the tour. To find out if he'll be in your area and see the new singers, go to: http://www.yanni.com/index.aspx

No comments: