Monday, December 8, 2008

Holiday Parties!

RETIRED?
If so, I bet you're just like me at this time of the year and you miss work -- well, not really work, but all the Christmas Parties and holiday cheer. I love the Christmas Holidays and it was always so much fun at work -- decorating the office, participating in Toys for Tots, cookies and candy everywhere and Secret Santa.


We all had a Secret Santa in our office when I worked in Germany. Our personal Secret Santa would leave a small gift on our desk every day for 1 week. The most fun though was that one employee played the Grinch and she would leave mean gifts on your desk, like a beautiful sweater with big holes cut in it or she gave one of the guys a Sports Illustrated Calendar with clothes drawn on all the models.

A big advantage of being retired is that now I don't worry so much about what happens at a Christmas Party like I did when working. I pretty much behaved at office Christmas parties, because I didn't want to come back from Christmas vacation and be reminded that I had been dancing on someone's desk.

The holiday activities have already started for me. On Saturday I went to a fun Holiday Party hosted by the Rocky Mountain Over the Hill Gang, the local Ski Club for anyone over 50. Then on Sunday afternoon we had a holiday singalong at our Clubhouse. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I can't carry a tune, but I still love to sing the Christmas favorites.

Office Christmas Parties are a national past time and have created many humorous situations. I'm sure many of them are captured in the annual play "Bob's Office Party" http://www.bobsofficeparty.com/ Check it out if you live in Los Angeles!

So, get out during this Holiday Season, socialize and have some fun. If you're looking for a Holiday Party, check out your local Senior Center. I'm sure they have several interesting activities planned for the Holdiays!

No comments: