Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Nintendo Wii


The Nintendo Wii is still one of the hottest Christmas gifts this year.
I visited with my brother and his wife today. We had a great time this afternoon bowling, playing tennis and skiing (even though I'm in St. Louis).
It's really fun......and something you can do with your grandkids or even your much older parents.
I love to ski and when playing with the skiing video, I actually felt like I was flying down a mountain. It's just so realistic, with the various elements coming into play....riding the chairlift, the wind, snow, moguls, jumps and even dodging other skiers on the mountain.
We even got my 83 year old mom to bowl! At first, she had a hard time with the Wii Remote, but finally got the hang of it and bowled a few lanes.
Nintendo Wii games are becoming very popular in retirement communities and many are even organizing senior Wii tournaments. Check out the YouTube Video of a Wii Sports bowling championship tournament among residents at Erickson senior living communities.

No comments: