Friday, December 5, 2008

On-Line Book Clubs


Love to read, but can't find a book club in your area?

I belong to a regular, meet once-a-month in a member's home, eat great food, drink good wine, type of book club. I didn't even know that on-line book clubs existed until I wrote the BLOG "Book Clubs" (see Oct 8th BLOG).


I then received a comment from Jason at Booksprouts
(go to http://www.booksprouts.com/ ). I checked out their website and found it straightforward and easy to use. I think it's a great idea for anyone who lives in a remote area or can't find enough people to start a book club.

My book club has read a variety of fascinating books this past year, but the one I loved the most was Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral by Kris Radish. I'd highly recommend it as a great first book for you to start an on-line book club. Obviously someone dies (hey, you already know that with "Funeral" in the title). It's such an interesting read and warm tale of true female friendship. I also found the website http://www.book-clubs-resource.com/ to have several good ideas for book clubs.

Looking for someone to discuss that great book with -- then take the initiative and start a book club. Whether you start it on-line or in your home, it's fun, mentally stimulating and you'll make some new friends!

No comments: