Wednesday, December 17, 2008

JERSEY BOYS

"OH, WHAT A NIGHT!"

I'm so wired! I just got home from the Denver Center's Production of "Jersey Boys", the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. What a phenomenal show!

From the start, it was fast-paced, energetic and definitely captured the feeling of that era. The lead actor portraying Frankie Valli sounded so much like him and mimicked his actions so well, that I could've sworn it was a young Valli on stage. The show included many of their hits - "Sherry", "Big Girls Don't Cry", "Dawn", and "Ragdoll". If you're a Boomer and liked the Four Seasons, I'm sure one of their hit songs will take you for a heart-felt stroll down memory lane!

We had great seats in the Orchestra Section, but they were quite pricey at $92 a ticket!
It was so worth it -- this was the best show I've seen since I moved here 9 years ago.

I know times are tough for retirees with the stock market crash and it being the Holiday Season, but if this show is offered in your town-- I don't care if you have to eat bologna sandwiches for a month -- go see it! You'll leave the theater just like I did -- singing their songs and dancing out the door!

WARNING: Not suitable for younger kids as they freely use profanity in some scenes including the big "F" word.

For ticket info go to: http://www.jerseyboysinfo.com/tour/

No comments: