Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Are you a Senior Citizen?


Depends on where you are and what you're doing!

AARP will let you join when you turn 50 which you think would give you senior citizen status for all activities and organizations.

But it doesn't work that way!

I hate it.....because some theaters call you a senior citizen at 55, some 60 and others make you wait until you're 62. Retired or not we all like to save money and with ticket prices at an all time high of 10 bucks and seniors a mere $6, I want all the theaters to call me a senior citizen at 55.

And it's even more costly when you think about the car insurance industry -- some use 60 while most say you must be 62.

So, what I'd love to see is for AARP or some other Boomer watch-dog organization to lobby for us and estalish an official nationwide policy that you become a senior citizen at 55.

If it saves me money, then I'm definitely willing to be called older at a younger age!

What do you think?

No comments: