Saturday, January 3, 2009

Seven Pounds


I love going to the MOVIES!!

If you've been following my BLOG, then by now you already know that.

When I was a kid, my Aunt Zina would take me to the movies every other week. Since there were so many kids, we had to take turns. That's so long ago, that it cost only 10 cents; that's right, just a mere dime to enter into the magical world of the movies. It was ridiculously cheap as adults paid only 25 cents!

I don't mind paying the prices they charge nowadays, because I usually go to a showing time when I can get the senior discount; but overall, I'm finding that the movies just aren't as interesting or as much fun as even a few years ago.

My sister Ginny and I went to see "Seven Pounds" this week. I really like Will Smith and feel that he has matured into a fine actor. I loved him in "The Pursuit of Happyness", but here he gave somewhat of a forced performance. He just didn't seem comfortable with that serious of a role.
The best part of the movie was Rosario Dawson's performance -- she was outstanding as a young woman needing a transplant. Woody Harrelson also acted very well in his role. I won't give away the ending, but I found this movie to be very disjointed and the plot line was such that it was difficult to follow what was happening in the movie. If you plan to see the movie, suggest you go early in the day. I found it so depressing that I had trouble sleeping.
We never did figure out what the title "Seven Pounds" meant; so if you do, please send me a comment. If you'd like to know more about the movie, check out the review at
http://movies.nytimes.com/2008/12/19/movies/19seve.html

No comments: