Friday, January 23, 2009

My Right!


We're all entitled to our opinion and I definitely have mine about abortion rights. Now, you might ask why I, a Boomer, should be concerned when I definitely can't have kids.

It's because I'm mad and so tired of this issue popping up every few years when I thought it had been valiantly fought by our generation and settled with the decision in Roe vs. Wade. The Supreme Court issued that decision 36 years ago on January 22, 1973 stating that an abortion is a fundamental right under the Constitution, yet the battle is far from over . See the article about the Rally on Thursday held in Washington: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090122/ap_on_re_us/abortion_anniversary

This basic right needs to be protected for our granddaughters! If not, they will be forced to return to the dark ages of back alleys, coat hangers or trips abroad. After all, if the right to control my own body is again taken away, then what right will be next.

One of my favorite bumper stickers which came out when Bush #41 was President summed up my feelings the best:
BUSH stay out of my bush!

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very good......