Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Angels & Demons


I read Dan Brown's book, "The Da Vinci Code" when it first came out and just never really got into it, so I didn't bother to see that movie. But over the weekend, I went to see the movie "Angels & Demons" also based on a Dan Brown book because my sister Linda highly recommended it.


I liked it! It was fast moving, very intense and I thought Hanks fits the role of Professor Langdon quite well. I was impressed because I've not enjoyed his past few efforts even though I loved the movies he made early in his career.

I was raised Catholic, attended a Catholic grade school, church every Sunday and even had to go to religion classes when I attended a public high school. All that schooling paid off because I really got the nuances of the movie which a non-Catholic might miss. Some of the scenes were very gruesome but necessary for the plot line. I'd recommend it!


For a very different perspective on the movie: http://movies.nytimes.com/2009/05/15/movies/15ange.html

No comments: