Monday, March 30, 2009

Snow Days

It's the second time in 5 days that I'm snowed in! With gale like winds that picture pretty well depicts what it's like outside right now. As a kid, I loved a snow day. We lived near several parks with gently rolling hills that were great for sledding.

Snow is a demon here in Denver but a savior in the mountains as prior to last week's dump they were hurting for snow.

Nowadays, I don't mind a snow day because being retired I don't have to worry about getting to work.

Just remember that snow can be deadly for Boomers because many think they can just run out and shovel their walks and driveways. Don't become a statistic! Instead, ask for help from a neighbor or services that help the elderly.

If you need assistance, investigate the volunteer services in your area. Volunteers of America is a nationwide organization that offers many services for retirees. Check them out at:
http://www.voa.org/Services/Elderly/tabid/2858/Default.aspx

Today's a perfect day for me to finish my income taxes and hunker down with a good book!

No comments: